TownsWeb Archiving is one of the UK’s top digital archiving companies specialising in the niche cultural heritage sector. As an established and well-regarded company, we have grown our customer base significantly over recent years through investment in new technology and an offering of innovative heritage services that is unrivalled.
TWA’s reputation of providing the highest quality service and trust ensures that our clients are varied and include some of the most recognised names and brands across corporate archives, galleries, libraries, archives and museums found anywhere in the world.
As a company, we can boast such clients as Liverpool Football Club, Thomas Cook, Cadbury’s, Prudential, Marks & Spencer, English Heritage, Royal Doulton and also many Military and Local Authority clients.
The company also offers an innovative and bespoke web platform aimed at one of the UK’s biggest and most significant industries, offering a vast range of exciting features such as Virtual Reality Tours and our very own BookExplorer feature, replicating the ‘real feel’ of books that readers and researchers love, to read and turn pages of their digital content.
We are currently looking for people to fill the following openings at our Kettering based studio:STRICTLY NO AGENCIES: We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to this.
Data Migration Specialist
Want to use your programming knowledge to streamline the preparation of data for ingest into PastView, our publishing and management system, adjusting data sets to suit a multitude of situations?
Do you write and value reliable, efficient, self-documenting code, and have knowledge of media file formats, with an understanding of how they may be used to improve existing processes?
Would you thrive in a cross-disciplinary environment, working alongside the core software development team, the production department, and the account manager, in order to meet the specific needs of our clients?
You will have the opportunity to develop new software that will support the production department, enhancing vital workflow and productivity.
TownsWeb Archiving Limited (TWA) are looking for a Data Migration Specialist to join their growing software development team. Based primarily at the head office, close to major travel networks in Kettering, Northamptonshire, with the option for remote working, the right candidate will have a passion for applying their skills to data migration and enjoy working with a varied client base across the heritage and business sector.
- Parse and filter customer data to meet client requirements; this may involve:
- CSV file or spreadsheet parsing
- Dynamic file renaming
- Bulk data transfer
- Image manipulation
- Assist the IT team, monitoring and updating static web and WordPress sites
Candidate ProfileEssential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years PHP experience
- Experience with spreadsheets & CSV files
- Experience with VCS
- Experience with test-driven development
- Happy to be client-facing
- Linux experience
- CPanel experience
- Knowledge of image file formats
- Image editing experience
- Has worked to and achieved given targets
- Has experience with:
- Managing multiple projects at any one time
- Working alongside other business departments (Sales, Marketing etc.)
- Experience of participating in team meetings and the delivery of project updates
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a willingness to see a problem through to resolution
- Commercial awareness
- Has high standards and expects both personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Regard honesty & integrity to be incredibly important in every walk of life and demonstrates an ability to build trust and maintain confidence
- Exhibits enthusiasm, passion and excitement over their work and has a “can do” attitude
- Will proactively bring new ideas to the company
- Is willing to occasionally travel to meet with clients – a full UK driving license is required (preferably clean). There will be use of a company pool car.
- Knowledge of:
- The Cultural Heritage Sector (Museums, Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Corporate Archives)
- Digitisation & photography equipment, concepts & services
- VR & machine learning technologies
Working hours are 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday although a willingness to work overtime is also required. You will be entitled to 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the positions at TownsWeb Archiving Ltd then please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating:
- Why you feel you are suitable for this position based on the Candidate Profile above.
- Reasons for any ‘missing periods’ on your CV
- Your current notice period
- Your availability for interview
For any questions regarding the position please contact send them via email to [email protected].
Submit all applications (CV & Covering letter) via email to [email protected].